Get to know our Staff
Edward R. Nieuwenhuis Jr., DPM
Dr. Jr. (as he's referred to in the office), graduated from Hope College with a B.S. degree in 1986. He then went on to receive his DPM (Doctor of Podiatric Medicine) degree from the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine. He completed his residency in reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle at Illinois Masonic Medical Center. During this time, Dr. Nieuwenhuis was instrumental in establishing what is now one of the premier residency training facilities for podiatric foot and ankle surgeons in the country.
- Joined his father in practice in 1992.
- Awarded Top Doctor by his peers as seen in New Jersey Monthly magazine, several years.
- Awarded Top Doctor by Bergen Magazine, several years.
- Awarded the Press Gainey Award For Patient Satisfaction given to doctors that have received an average of at least 95% positive feedback by their patients annually, several years.
- Dr. Jr. is the Director of Podiatry at The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ where he performs surgery and manages patients on a regular basis.
- He is a Managing Partner at Surgicare of Ridgewood Surgery Center, a state of the art facility located in Ridgewood, NJ.
- He also regularly performs surgery at Luckow Pavillion, Valley Hospital's Outpatient Surgery Center located in Paramus.
- Dr. Nieuwenhuis is active in many civic organizations in the area including the Christian Health Care Center and Eastern Christian Children's Retreat. He also has provided his surgical expertise to many under priviledged children both locally and abroad through medical mission trips with Healing the Children,NJ.
Dr. Jr. and his wife are the parents of 5 children and 5 granddaughters.
Dr. Jr.'s credentials include:
- Podiatric Medical License, State of NJ
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), 1990 to present
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS)
- Member, New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society (NJPMA)
- Board Certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Staff, The Valley Hospital
The ones who keep it all running smoothly:
- Lori N., Practice Manager, 16 years
- Lori P., Office Manager, Surgery Scheduling, 15 years
- Sue, Patient Care, 9 years
- Donna, Front Office, Patient Care, 4 years
- Hannah, Front Office, Patient Care 3 years